Click below for an update on our school from Ms. Salva and the school board.
Please join us at 8:00 a.m. before School Mass on Thursdays to pray the Rosary. (There will be no Rosary on December 28 or January 4.)
If you’d like to volunteer to lead the Rosary, click here.
Partnering with Parents
St. Stephen School
740 Gladstone SE
You are invited to connect with other parents, gather information, and dialogue with our guest speakers.
- Sr. Mary Paul
- Family Traditions: Advent/Christmas Managing Holiday Stress
- Sr. Mary Paul & Sr. Colleen Nagle
- Stages of Human Development: Is This Normal?
- Sr. Mary Paul
- Parenting in Blended Families
- Sr. Mary Paul
- Parenting with the Virtues
- Sr. Mary Paul
- Raising Them Catholic: A Family the Prays Together Stays Together
Halls for November 17
This year our SPA School Board formed different committees to improve our school. I am honored to be the Chair of our Mission Effectiveness Committee. The committees’ purpose is to ensure publically and internally that our school maintains and enhances its Catholic Identity.
I know that sending your child(ren) to a Catholic School is a sacrifice, and I along with Father Peter, the faculty and staff, and our Committee members want to ensure that our School is grounded by our Catholic Faith. With all that is happening in our world right now we are blessed to pray and teach about our heavenly Father in school. It is very important that parents and teachers assume responsibility to instill a strong Catholic identity in our children. In fact, our faith teaches that the home is the “domestic church” where parents are the first and primary educators of our children. Our committee is committed to ensure that our teachers and parents have the resources for our Children to grow in their ability to “know him, to love him and to serve him” in both their knowledge and their actions.
Below are some actions we believe will contribute to the development of our children (and all of us as well). Please note the dates that you may want to mark on your calendars:
- Each Thursday at 8:00 am (beginning Dec.7th) we will be leading a rosary before our 8:30 am mass. Drop your kiddos off and say a rosary with other parents before we worship together at our Children’s Mass!
- Advent: To help prepare us for Jesus’ coming we have ordered a booklet for our Junior High students and a series of Bulletins for our K-5 students. We are excited that these books will help your children understand the true meaning of Christmas.
- The students will gather together every Monday morning to light the Advent Wreath and participate in prayer
- Help us fill Jesus’ manger by doing good deeds: After Thanksgiving you will notice a nativity scene in the entrance of School. During advent the Children have the opportunity to fill the manger with hay (yellow strips of paper) by doing good deeds. If your child is caught doing something that displays them as a servant of God they will add a strip of paper with their name and good deed on it to Jesus’ bed. Please encourage your children to help fill the manger!
- December 20th (All School Confession and Adoration) – In preparation of Jesus’ coming we want to purify our hearts and minds. Join your children on December 20th for confession and adoration. Each class will have a different time frame. Watch the Halls for more details.
- December 24th (5:00pm) – Christmas Eve Children’s Mass (the Nativity will begin at 4:45pm). Not attending the Children’s Mass? Consider joining us for a 10:00pm mass, commonly known as “Midnight Mass,” with its own readings and liturgy different from other Christmas Masses, celebrated during the very night when we commemorate Our Savior’s birth. Christmas Day Masse will be held at 10:00am.
- Please consider volunteering to host coffee and donuts after our weekend masses. This a great way to teach your children about Stewardship! Use the link below to sign up: http://www.signupgenius. com/go/805094aa8aa2ba64-stpaul
- February 10th – Join other St. Paul couples at the Cherish Marriage Event. Enjoy dinner and dancing while enriching your marriage. Use the link to register: https://cherishmarriage.net/about-the-evening/
(Mission Effectiveness Committee Chair)
SPA Roller Skating Party
Tuesday, November 21
Kentwood Fun Spot
14 52nd Street
Bring your family to a great afternoon at the Kentwood Fun Spot sponsored by Home & School
11:30am - 2pm
● Each student will get skates, 2.5 hours of skating, and a slice of pizza and fountain drink!
● Parents, please plan to stay and supervise your children.
● Parent skating and lunch is encouraged but not included.
● Rollerblades rentals are an extra $5 charge.
● Children, especially new skaters, are encouraged to bring and wear bike helmets while skating.