SMART AID Application Information
- Most recent paystubs
- 2015 W-2 forms for all jobs.
- 2015 filed tax return: 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules
- 2015 filed business tax return (if applicable only): 1120, 1120S, 1065 (if applicable only)
- Supplemental income documentation (if applicable only): Social Security income, Welfare, Food Stamps, Child Support, 1099-M Forms, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, Veterans Benefits, Housing Allowance, etc.
If you are unable to provide any of the aforementioned items, please submit a Special Circumstance Letter indicating which document(s) you are unable to provide and why. This information will be shared with your school for consideration.
- Monthly rent (if applicable)
- Annual renter’s insurance (if applicable)
- Annual energy expenses (electricity, gas, oil, coal, water, sewage)
- Mortgage information (monthly payment, total owed, market value)
- Property tax (if not included in tax returns)
- Rental income and expenses
- Phone Support: (800)-360-8027
- Email Support: email@example.com
Notification of Financial Aid
St. Paul the Apostle 2017 – 2018 Online Instructions
- Parent/Guardian: Enter the parent or guardian’s contact information.
- Dependent: Enter all dependents that live in the household. For dependents in college, select the “attending another private school” status option.
- Enter your school’s five-digit code (12020) or name in the search box. If you want to search for schools near you that are participating in the Smart Aid program, you can search by city and state. Make your selection by checking the select check box. Once a school or multiple schools are selected, you will then need to select the student(s) you wish to apply for aid at the appropriate school(s). After the school(s) have been selected, you will then need to select the upcoming grade for the student, student code (if applicable), and expected tuition (if applicable) for the upcoming year. Clicking “next” after each section will allow you to move on to each subsequent section.
- Enter any income the household receives; employment, business or supplemental. If the work status is selected as ‘employed’, ‘self-employed’, ‘unemployed, receiving benefits’, or ‘disabled, receiving benefits,’ you will be required to enter this income source in the appropriate section before moving through the application. Please enter all expenses as they pertain to your household.
- Enter all assets and debts as they pertain to your household.
- Check off any special circumstance that pertains to your household. If no option available best describes your household’s circumstance, please check ‘other’ and describe your situation. This information is optional and will not be considered for Diocesan aid; but could be used at the school level. All information is kept confidential and will only be available to designated School Administration and Smart Aid staff.
- If your school uses family school codes, please make the appropriate selection. Agree to Smart Aid’s terms and conditions, then click SUBMIT to complete your online application. Please be sure to enter all fields with accuracy.